Skip to content
View Your Cart
Shop Our Categories
CT Signature Kits
Carl Tatz Design® Website
Nav Menu 2
Nav Menu 3
Nav Menu 4
Nav Menu 5
Nav Menu 6
Nav Menu 7
Nav Menu 8
ATI Amplifier Technologies AT4000
The AT4000 Series line of amplifiers represent ATI’s chief engineer Morris Kessler’s masterpiece.
Price with Selected Options:
Number of Channels:
4 Channels [Add $1,220.00]
Remote Trigger – Activated from 3.3VDC to 24 VDC via heavy duty relay
Protection Circuits – Optically-coupled with full automatic reset.
Toroid Transformers – 40% more efficient than EL type. Separate bi-filar windings for each channel guaranty lower noise and crosstalk.
Circuit Boards – Double-sided, FR-4 glass-epoxy, computer-grade boards are assembled in-house.
Soft Start Circuitry – Ultra soft turn on reduces in-rush current to a minimum. Multiple units can be turned on without tripping circuit breakers eliminating the need for sequencing.
Power Transistors – High-current and bi-polar ThermalTrak output transistors insure optimized performance in real-time.
Power Supply Capacitance – 46200 uF (microfarads) per channel.
Power Cord – Detachable 3-wire cord.
7-Year Warranty – Parts and labor against defects in parts or workmanship.
Dimensions – 17 3/8” W X 8”H X16 7/8” D (without feet: H=7”)
Weight- 62 to 105 lbs. (model dependent ).
The 4000 series amplifiers, available with 2 to 7 channels, with power output at 200W RMS per channel at 8 ohms and 300 W RMS at 4 ohms. Furthermore, their “signature series” designation with a facsimile of Kessler’s signature on the main panel attests the special nature of these amplifiers.
Beyond Kessler’s personal identification, these amplifiers share these key features:
1. Fully balanced, differential amplifier design with two output stages per channel but with only a single input stage. The advantages of balanced designs are retained and noise is further reduced by 50%.
2. Current feedback instead of the more common voltage feedback. The reason: current feedback amplifiers are faster with virtually unlimited slew rate and are better able to reproduce today’s best music and film.
3. Thermaltrak output devices: Unlike traditional designs where external diodes attached to the heat sink track the amplifiers operating conditions to adjust bias, Thermaltrak devices have the diodes in the same package as the transistors so bias is optimized in real-time.
4. Dual DC servos per channel to control DC offset.
5. Dual toroidal transformers with independent secondary windings. Electrically, each amplifier channel has its own transformer.
All the amplifiers in the 4000 series are rated at 200 Watts RMS from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more that 0.03% THD at 8 ohms with all channels driven and 300 Watts RMS at 4 ohms under the same conditions. Signal-to-noise ratio is typically 126 dB referenced to full output so each amplifier in the series is capable of playing back the full dynamic range available on today’s lossless recordings.
All ATI amplifiers are available in standard (17”) and rack-mount (19”) chassis with domestic (117V) of Export (220 to 240V) chassis and are covered by ATI’s 7-year transferrable warranty.
Amplifier Technologies, Inc., is the prolific behind the scenes manufacturer of many high end and professional audio’s best amplifiers today. Amplifier Technologies owns the ATI, Audioaccess, BGW and Theta Digital brands and designs and manufactures state-of-the-art audio components for its own and other brands in its facility in Montebello, CA. Guided by legendary amplifier designer Morris Kessler, ATI offers both performance and value in audio and are a perfect compliment to the PFM line of monitors.
ATI Amplifier Technologies AT52XNC
Share your knowledge of this product.
Be the first to write a review »